Saturday, March 5, 2011

Stranger in a new place

(Written march 1 of 2011)

I'm no longer in the same place
I'm in a new scenery and around every corner there's a new face
Maybe there's a different way of living a different change in pace
How will this place turn out to be
Will I be accepted or rejected
I'll just have to wait and see
This place can be positive or negative
But it's where I choose to live
No matter what I do or where I choose to rome
Some people may call this the ghetto but it's what I call home
Just because it contains drugs and thugs I don't have any fear
The world isn't run by them so I know it's not ran by them here
Living in a new neighborhood I must confess I was afraid of what others thought
But after time and socializing- a wonderful community is what I got
A neighborhood becomes your home by what you give it
Who cares how it is it's how you live it

No comments:

Post a Comment